This blog is to provide you, our customers with answers to any questions related to NB Power you may have and to update you with the latest information on our strategic direction.
Your comments are welcome, but we remind you to keep it friendly.
If a user continues to ignore or disregard the guidelines listed below, they will be warned and potentially banned from commenting on the blog if we can’t work things out, or if there’s no alternative.
- Keep your comments relevant to the topic and avoid repetitive posting. If you wish to share comments that are not related to our blog topics or have an inquiry about your account or our services, please contact us through our other channels.
- Be respectful and courteous, as if you were having a face-to-face discussion.
- Feel free to link internally within the nbpower.com site as many times as you would like. As for external web addresses, we allow no more than three links per post. NB Power does not endorse the content of external web sites and has no liability as to their content in any event. NB Power reserves its right to take down any external link.
- We want to hear your own opinion. Your comments must be created and owned by you- this includes any music and artwork. Breaking copyright rules is not permitted (that includes copying and pasting excerpts from other sites without permission and attribution). If the majority of your comment was written or created by someone else, even with a proper credit, it won’t be accepted.
- Any comment that is offensive and likely to expose an individual or a group of individuals to hatred or contempt on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or mental or physical disability is prohibited.
- The following is also prohibited in your comments:
- Pornography, vulgarity, obscenity or sexually explicit content
- Anything illegal
- Hate speech
- Threats, harassment
- Personal attacks, insults and defamatory statements
- Threats or suggesting committing a criminal act
- Attempts to mobilize people for any purpose outside of a NB Power event
- Respect other people's privacy by not including personal information in your comments (such as phone numbers and email addresses) or private dialogue.
- We ask you do not share your personal information (address, account number or other personal details) with us on our blog. We will remove public posts that include this information to protect your privacy. Please use one of the contact methods listed below for customer complaints.
- Make it personal, not commercial by leaving out press releases and commercial promotions.
- In accordance with the New Brunswick Official Languages Act, NB Power will post information on this blog in both French and English. We will also respond to comments in the language of the commenter’s preference.
We will monitor the blog and its comments during business hours, Monday to Friday. If you post a comment in the evenings or on weekends, we will review it as soon as we are able to.