Rental and Pricing Information
What is the monthly rental service fee?
The monthly rental service fee is $23.99 as of September 1, 2020. This cost is subject to change. Prices do not include Harmonized Sales Tax.
Are there any costs other than the monthly rental service fee?
No - there are no upfront costs to the customer. The rental service includes:
- on-going customer support
- equipment replacement in accordance with the rental agreement
Should there be any upgrades, repairs or replacement of existing customer equipment necessary for NB Power to install the GenerLink™ device and set-up service, such as a meter base or mast, these would be the responsibility of the customer and are not included in the SureConnect Service package.
Is there a minimum rental term?
Yes, there is a minimum rental term of 12 consecutive months.
What happens if I want SureConnect removed from my home?
You must contact NB Power to remove, replace or repair the SureConnect Service including the GenerLink™ device. The GenerLink™ device and GenerLok™ cord set remain the property of NB Power.
What about my meter?
SureConnect Service including the GenerLink™ installation will extend out the utility meter by another 15 centimetres. Meters located under a metal roof eave may require protection from falling snow and ice before the GenerLink™ can be installed. Precautions are also needed to protect the meter if it is in a driveway, alley, or walkway, to prevent damage and hazards from vehicles, snow removal and pedestrians.
Who is eligible for the SureConnect Service?
- SureConnect service is available in areas of New Brunswick serviced by NB Power.
- Your home must have a code-compliant entrance of 200-Amp or less.
- Your home must have a code-compliant circuit breaker electrical panel (it cannot have a fuse panel).
- Your electric meter and home panel must be considered accessible by NB Power definition.
- Your NB Power account must be in good standing.