Terms and Conditions
Electric Vehicle Home Charger Package
- To purchase the EV Home Charger Package, customers must meet eligibility criteria. They must be an NB Power account holder, must have their NB Power account in good standing, have a dedicated parking spot or garage and reside in the territory of the current offering.
- The customer agrees to pay for the Electric Vehicle Home charger (the Equipment), installation costs, less rebate if eligible, (the Service) for each monthly installment as defined in the Purchase Agreement.
- Customers who do not enroll in the Repair and Replacement Plan have a standard 1-year warranty on installation (labour and materials) and 3-year manufacturer warranty on the EV charger.
- The 3-year manufacturer warranty is not transferable and applies only to the first buyer/owner.
- During the first year after installation NB Power will look after the above warranties for the customer. After the first year the customer takes responsibility for any warranty claims or can request service from NB Power at a rate of $99.00/hour (price subject to change) plus materials.
- If Repair and Replacement Plan is selected, the cost of the Repair and Replacement Plan is NOT within the defined monthly installment(s) but will be a regular and reoccurring charge on your monthly NB Power invoice.
- If Repair and Replacement Plan is NOT selected, there is no additional cost but any vendor specific warranty registration requirements, warranty claims, and other related vendor specific issues will be dealt with the EV Charger manufacturer directly after the 1-year installation warranty. Click here (English and French) for information on the manufacturer’s return and refund policy.
- NB Power reserves the right to make any changes or corrections to prices quoted for the EV Home charger, installation, Repair and Replacement Plan and/or service requests.
- In order to activate the service, NB Power will supply and install a smart EV Charger at a location that will allow for safe use of the charger.
- An NB Power authorized representative will determine if the equipment can be installed safely in the Customer’s home (“the premise”). There might be additional cost of any upgrade, repair, or replacement of existing customer equipment such as electrical panels in order for NB Power to provide the Service.
- Installation of the equipment may require disruption of electric service to the premise, typically for a period of up to four (4) hours but could be for longer periods depending on the work to be undertaken.
- The customer understands and agrees that NB Power may need access to the equipment to honor the installation warranty, Repair & Replacement Plan, or customer service request as and when required.
- Should the customer discontinue electric service or the service prior to the completion of monthly payment terms of this agreement, all unpaid charges for the monthly installment period shall immediately become due and payable.
- Upon termination of this agreement for any reason, including failure by the customer to make any payment when due or to honour any other term or condition of this contract, this does not waive NB Power’s rights to any other legal remedy, including collection of any balance due under the agreement, charging a late fee for each month that a payment is not received, and/or charging of interest on unpaid amounts.
- NB Power assumes no risk and is not liable for damages of any nature that may result from use of the equipment, including but not limited to malfunction of the equipment, or acts of God , customer negligence or other actions beyond the control of NB Power.
- The customer shall indemnify and hold harmless NB Power, its employees, agents, contractors, and others acting on its behalf, for any injury or damage to any person or property (including the equipment) resulting from, connected with, on account of or arising out of the customer’s operation and use of the equipment.
- Each of the parties identified as customers are jointly and severally liable for the obligations of the customer under this Agreement.
- The equipment remains the property of the customer once paid out in full for the EV Home Charger Package.
- NB Power respects your privacy, and protects personal information obtained in connection with the EV Home Charger Package against unauthorized access, collection, use or disclosure in accordance with the New Brunswick Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act S.N.B. 2009 c.R-10.6. By signing the Purchase Agreement, a Customer gives consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by NB Power for the purpose of installation of EV Home Charger, obtaining electrical permit, claiming charger warranty and processing provincial rebate for qualified customers.
Repair and Replacement Plan
- The plan is "pay as you go" at a rate of $4.99/month.
- The Repair and Replacement Plan rate is "fixed" at enrollment for each customer.
- If enrolled at the time of installation the customer gets one year free.
- The plan continues as long as the customer stays enrolled on a month-to-month basis to a maximum of 10 years.
- The Repair and Replacement Plan has full coverage on the EV charger and installation; however, it does not cover:
- Product misuse, abuse, or alteration (including disassembly or modification).
- Cosmetic damage such as scratches, dents, or normal aging.
- Damage because of an extreme power surge, extreme electromagnetic field, or any acts of nature.
- Normal wear and tear of the cable.
- The plan covers repair and/or replacement of the product (or other materials) that are identical in nature or have equivalent or greater capabilities.
- The plan is only applicable at the original installation location. If the home is sold (along with the charger) enrollment may be transferred, on request, to the new home (account) owner, subject to eligibility conditions.
- NB Power reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel the R&R Service Plan with reasonable notice to the customer.
* Customers who do not enroll in the Repair and Replacement Plan have:
- 1 year warranty on installation (labour and materials) from the electrical contractor.
- 3-year warranty on the EV charger from the manufacturer.
During the first year after installation NB Power will look after the above warranties for the customer. After the first year the customer takes responsibility for any warranty claims or can request service from NB Power at a rate of $99.00/hour (price subject to change) plus materials.