Auction Items and Gift Card Tree items Required.
Looking for your help! We need auction items (re-gifted items, hand crafted/homemade items, gently used items) and gift cards (to any establishment). All funds raised will be applied to the 25 Year Club Educational Awards fund.
Please contact any member of the Club Executive or Regional Directors to make arrangements for drop offs or you can bring the items the day of the meeting, June 9th, 2023
Educational Awards 1991
In 1991, the 25 Year Club of NB Power established the 25 Year Club Educational Award program supporting children of 25 year club members in good standing based on the club’s financial wellbeing.
What does good standing mean? It means an active member of the 25 Year Club who is current with their membership dues.
In 2014 at the Annual General Meeting, the decision was made to change from educational scholarships to educational awards. This change supported all students regardless of their academic or financial standing. Making this change was the club’s effort to be fair to all students striving to continue their education who may not meet the academic rating threshold and to remove any perceived award judgement based on the financial situation of any student.
Additionally at the 2014 AGM, a motion was made that the club expand the criteria for the educational awards to include grandchildren of 25 Year Club members in good standing.
Rules of Eligibility:
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- be the son, daughter, grandchild of a 25 Year Club member in good standing, and
- plan to continue post-secondary education on a full-time basis at a University, Community College, Technical School or other such institution for the upcoming school year, and:
- has never previously received this award.
Applications must be made in writing using the club supplied application form and submitted to the club prior to the cut-off date indicated.
The winners are notified by e-mail of their success. The list of winners will also be posted on the 25 Year Club web site.
Confirmation of enrolment from each winner’s post-secondary education institution is required prior to the issuing of the award funds.
So, how do we fund these awards?
- 50/50 draw – all members receive 50/50 tickets in their annual package for purchase, tickets are also sold during the annual event up to the beginning of the AGM
- Silent and live auction – members and some non-members donate items towards these auctions each year in order to raise money during the annual event
- Basket draws – each year during the annual event there are several basket draws that raise additional money – the basket contents are donated by members and volunteers that work at the event
Educational Awards 2022
- Sebastien Cormier
- Ben Fanjoy
- Sara Gaines
- Michael Gordon
- Carrie Kilburn
- Tyler Leaman
- Christopher Moore
- Nathaniel Perry
- Jordan Rees
- Luc Richard
- Sara Tozer
- Kayley Urquhart
- Scott Whitters